Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Magnolia-licious inspiration challenge

We have a new Inspiration challenge for you on Magnolia-licious and it suited my daughter to the "T" as she has loads of birthdays for her friends this time of year.
As i sometimes do i took the inspiration literally and made a bag.  I used Tilda with butterfly jeans available from Magnolia-licious item #3034 where you can expect excllent service and discounts.
I colored my image of course with copics, i embossed the top flap of my bag with cuttlebug folder, sorry didnt note the folders name, i used my copic fine liner and drew the stitching around the corner protectors of the handbag and also along the straps.  The lovely green checkered paper is locally South African from Queen of hearts, i just love their paper.


We filled the bag with a note book and diary and a few other girly things like nail polish and lip balm and my daughters friend couldnt believe her little handbag.  This was really simple to make and gave such pleasure to see how chuffed the recipient was.
Do come and play with our new challenge on Magnolia-licious Diana is so generous and giving away a gift voucher for the lucky winner.

smiles
Paola

21 comments:

  1. Oi, kuinka kaunis laukku, ihana :)

    Mukavaa päivää sinulle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Gosh Paola! You are the wizardess of creativity and paper projects. Awesome!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Great job, Paola. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Paola, this is just too much.. don't you ever sleep? You just seem to come up with so many ideas.. This one is so adorable.. LOVE IT!! colors are so sweet and love the embossing with Tilda on front.. cute purse...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always an inspiration to visit your blog Paola. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work, you are so creative!
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good golly miss molly! You are the queen of making 3-D projects with paper. This is just so adorable, and how appropriate for a little girl around the age of 9! What girl wouldn't want an original??? Beautiful job on this purse and very creative take on the challenge!!!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely purse card. You've given me inspiration for Christmas gift card holders for my two young nieces who will absolutely adore this!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute Paola! Adorably created handbag! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative Paola - absolutely love your handbag creation. I can imagine your daughter's friend was well chuffed. Awesome, special gift to receive :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous Paola, what an amazing idea to use Tilda
    on your gorgeous bag...I want those two bags in the inspiration photo too lol
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely! Very clever project, love your little Tilda sitting there, great job
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Paola...how clever are you?!! So...either this is a HUGE suitecase sized purse...or you colored up a Mini Maggie?!! Whoohoo!!Absolutely precious, m'dear!! You rise to each and every challenge...and then some!! Hey...thanks for living through my earthquake with me today!! You rock sistah! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fave: green and pink! Gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bag, Paola!! I love the papers and colors you used, and Tilda looks so adorable on it!! FABULOUS!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! No wonder her friend was thrilled.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paola, you did a wonderful job on picking the perfect coloring for this project. SO very cute and sweet :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZER, Paola, you did a fabulous job in putting this purse together. Gorgeous! Love the colour scheme and this adorable Tilda.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderfully creative as usual! I love your ideas and this is right up there on top of my list of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Love the little handbag. Beautiful papers and coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Paola! This bag is so pretty in pink and green, and I love that mini Tilda with butterfly jeans sitting on the tab closure! Such a cute, fun purse!
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... this is absolutely stunning Paola. Just love this little bag for Shani's friend. I bet she was over the moon, who wouldn't be! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola